Our Pantry SUMMER HOURS …
- Monday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday thru Friday – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday – 10:00 – noon ( very Saturday)
- Mobile Pantry – 3rd Friday of the month, time will remain the same 9:00 to 1:00
In May and June, EPCP will pick up from Care and Share for the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program that have a dependent child and income is under $75,000. Please ask at the pantry for more information.
Thank you to All who helped us in celebrating our 10th Year Anniversary.
The pantry now has beautiful carpet flooring in the pantry area. Thank you to the many who helped make this happen. The old flooring was tile that was cracked and coming up.
Old Tile Flooring New Carpet Flooring
You Could Make a Difference… Become a Volunteer
Eastern Plains Community Pantry is currently looking for individuals who would love to volunteer on a regular basis at our pantry. We are in need and you may just be the person to help. Our Pantry continues to serve more families in need. We have great volunteers and are looking for even more to help. If you or you know of someone who would love to volunteer in any way, just drop by the pantry to let us know or call us 719-347-3062. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOBILE FOOD INFORMATION …(3rd Fridays of the month) Pick up is at the east door and the food box will be handed out to you.
EVERYDAY EATS Supplemental Food Program INFORMATION (first of the month) Please note —Pick up for Every Day Eats (Seniors)
For pickup, please drive to the east door and the food distribution will be handed out to you.
We always receive a variety of food for our patrons including several kinds of vegetables, rice, fruit, bread, etc.
A Huge Thank You to all of you for your generous donations to the pantry. Without your help, we could not provide and help those who are in need. Thank you to Fox 21, WireNet, and Gathering Stones Community Church for your support and generous donations.
We kindly love your donations, and we ask that you just call so that we have room to accept your donation. Please do not leave them outside. Thank you so very much.
- Girl’s clothing size 3 and up.
- Women’s jeans
- monetary donations are accepted at all times
- bed linen (sheets, blankets, etc)
- sweaters, jackets for adults and children
- pots and pans
- household small appliances
- small children toys
- canned and boxed food items for our emergency food area
- King Soopers customers to register their Community Rewards for EPCP
If you are wanting to donate items, just bring those items during our business hours. We just ask that you do not leave those donations outside the front door as it creates a hazard for us and violates the town ordinance.
Just for You…
- Westhaven Cake – Carl Finney
- Chewy Date Bar
- Hazelnut Toffee
- Chocolate Comfort Cake Recipe_A Taste of Home
- Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler -All Recipes
- Pecan Cheesecake Pie – Tasteful Recipes
- No Bake Corn Flake Bars – Carl Finney
- Peanut Butter Swirl Bars – Ms. Eleanor Finney
In these days of high egg prices, there are several things you can use as substitutes in cooking.
A favorite for bread, cakes, and cookies is:
- 1/4 c carbonated water
- 1 T chia seeds soaked in 1-2 T water
- 1 T ground flaxseed soaked in 1-2 T water
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 2 T arrowroot powder mixed into 3 T water
- 1/4 c mashed ripe banana
- 3T of the juice from a can of unsalted chickpeas
This month is:
- Mother’s Day – May 14th
- National Armed Forces Day – May 22nd
- Memorial Day – May 29th Remember those soldiers who have given their lives for us.
- National Teacher’s Month
- Be Kind to Animals Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month