Your generosity helps us cloth and feed the hungry in Eastern Colorado. Non-perishable food donations are always needed to help restock the Eastern Plains Community Pantry shelves. One persons donation can really make a difference to those who struggle with hunger insecurity. When looking to make a food donation, think healthy, too. Your donation of clothing,bedding and household items can also make a great difference.
We are always in need of the following items:
- Canned Meat and Fish (Tuna, Chicken, Pork, Ham, Spam)
- Peanut Butter
- Grape Jelly
- Low Sodium Canned Vegetables including Whole Kernel Corn, Green Beans, Mixed Vegetables, Diced Tomatoes
- Low Sugar/Light Syrup Canned Fruit including Apple Sauce, Fruit Cocktail, Peaches, Pears
- Canned Soups, Stews, Chili and Chowders
- Boxed Meals – Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagna, Cheeseburger and Tuna Helpers
- Shelf Stable Low Fat and Powdered Milk
- Canned Beans – Red, Kidney, Black, Northern
- Boxed Breakfast Cereals
- Healthy Snacks including Microwavable Popcorn, Granola Bars, Peanuts, Pretzels, Low Fat Pudding Packs
- Starches including Rice, Spaghetti, Macaroni, Egg Noodles
- Baking Products including Cooking Oil, Sugar, Flour, Salt
- Condiments including Ketchup, Mustard, Vinegar
Please note – the Food Bank cannot accept or redistribute the following:
- Homemade canned goods
- Items without labeling/ingredients listed on the packaging
- Tobacco and alcohol
- Baby food and formula that is not in its original packaging. Must be unopened. Baby food and formula past its expiration date cannot be distributed and will immediate be disposed.
Don’t forget our furry & feathered friends and their needs. Donate pet items:
- Dry or canned dog & cat food
- Bird food for canaries, parakeets, and etc.
- Fish food
- Dog and cat toys
- Cat litter
Donate Clothing and Household Items:
Your donations will help build our inventory of clothes for the chilly months -sweat shirts, sweats, pants, long-sleeved tops, sweaters, jackets and coats for all ages. Donations of hangers, as well as, store-grade racks, shelves and cabinets would help us in displaying and distributing items. We would also appreciate bedding such as sheets, blankets, comforters, bedspreads, and pillow cases. Household and kitchen items would come in handy as well.
Donations are accepted at the Eastern Plains Community Pantry during normal business hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 701 4th Street, Calhan, CO 80808.