Fall-Winter Pantry Hours-beginning Oct.
- Monday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday through Friday – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday – 10:00 – noon ( Open -2nd and 4th Saturdays) (Closed on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays)
- Mobile Pantry – 3rd Friday of the month, time will remain the same 9:00 to 1:00
You Could Make a Difference… Become a Volunteer
Eastern Plains Community Pantry is currently looking for individuals who would love to volunteer on a regular basis at our pantry. We are in need and you may just be the person to help. Our Pantry continues to serve more families in need. We have great volunteers and are looking for even more to help. If you or you know of someone who would love to volunteer in any way, just drop by the pantry to let us know or call us 719-347-3062. You can also email us at email@example.com
MOBILE FOOD INFORMATION …(3rd Fridays of the month) Pick up is at the east door and the food box will be handed out to you. EVERYDAY EATS Supplemental Food Program INFORMATION (first of the month) Please note —Pick up for Every Day Eats (Seniors) For pickup, please drive to the east door and the food distribution will be handed out to you.
We always receive a variety of food for our patrons including several kinds of vegetables, rice, fruit, bread, etc.
A Huge Thank You to all of you for your generous donations to the pantry. Without your help, we could not provide and help those who are in need. Thank you to all of our volunteers who help at our pantry. Your support means so much to our community. We kindly love your donations, and we ask that you just call so that we have room to accept your donation. Please do not leave them outside. Thank you so very much. WISH LIST
- Pots and Pans (We are in great need)
- Household Small Appliances (We are in great need)
- Dishes (We are in great need)
- Men’s T-Shirts
- Girl’s clothing size 3 and up.
- Women’s jeans
- Monetary donations are accepted at all times
- Bed linen (sheets, blankets, etc)
- Sweaters, Jackets for adults and children
- Small children toys
- Canned and Boxed food items for our emergency food area
- King Soopers customers to register their Community Rewards for EPCP
If you are wanting to donate items, just bring those items during our business hours. We just ask that you do not leave those donations outside the front door as it creates a hazard for us and violates the town ordinance.
Just for You…
- Pie Baked Apples Recipe _ Food Network
- Apple-Butterscotch Blondies Recipe Food Network
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe – Pioneer Woman
- Best Apple-Cranberry Stuffing Recipe – Pioneer Woman
- Best Apple Pie Bars Recipe – Pioneer Woman
- Homemade Apple Cider- All Recipes
In these days of high egg prices, there are several things you can use as substitutes in cooking. A favorite for bread, cakes, and cookies is:
- 1/4 c carbonated water
- 1 T chia seeds soaked in 1-2 T water
- 1 T ground flaxseed soaked in 1-2 T water
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 2 T arrowroot powder mixed into 3 T water
- 1/4 c mashed ripe banana
- 3T of the juice from a can of unsalted chickpeas
- Holiday Signup begins on October 3rd.
- 2023 Fall Fest at the ElPaso County Fairgrounds – October 28th from noon to 5:00 pm
- Trunk and Treat at Calhan School – October 28th from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm